Friday, December 26, 2008

Long breaks

Well another week of twiddling my thumbs and going back over old images looking for something I missed or something to re-edit is coming to an end. I'm sure there are other amateurs who like myself periodically find themselves with extended breaks between shoots due to budget issues. Tell the truth when you first started you thought over time you'd create more and more quality pictures or “Keepers” as they are called by some. But no that's not what happens no what happens is you become picker and picker which means fewer and fewer keepers which drives you to work harder to get more keepers which again cause you get picker and picker and the whole vicious circle begins a new :)


Hopefully the next time I post I'll have some images from the shoots I've scheduled for the upcoming week. For now here's few re-edits from April 2006 and December 2004






Remember your best photograph is the one you haven't taken yet

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike,

    I like the shots you have posted. good stuff.
    I also have such "keepers", sometimes it takes a long time until I get to them and process. I don't think it has something to do with being picky... from my own experiences it has to do with the mood, the "condition" you have when processing or selecting the images.
    sometimes a brak is good to clear the mind, to get a "clear vision" from all that overload of images.
    it needs some distance, like a nap in the afternoon when you are very busy with work.
    I find, specially in the creative processing, such breaks very helpful. there is nothing wrong to post an image that is old stuff.
    it helps maybe to use/apply new learned stuff and maybe get a better result than the first time. if the result isn't better, then it was good from the first time on... :-)

    VT

    ReplyDelete